Types of hosting solutions
A hosting service applies to keeping and/or sharing given content on a web server administered by a web hosting supplier. There are different sorts of hosting services utilized for various ends, so let's explore them. In that way, you can determine what you want, depending on whether you wish to launch a weblog, email box accounts, or to share files with comrades and partners.
- File hosting: a service offered by particular vendors, which allows you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived files, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its only purpose is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to load .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free-of-cost file hosting solutions are frequently supported by displaying adverts next to the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a certain interval of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you possess a paid file hosting package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limit when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the help of the cPanel hosting distributors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely mistaken interpretation of the actual meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would divide the tasks at hand between independent sets of hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving different website hosting services (mail, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, webspace hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a type of a data storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; given suppliers provide a hosting solution for pictures solely. This hosting brand is good if you would like to share an enormous number of images with chums or associates since the solution is mostly free of charge. You will obtain a random link for every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for sites.
- Email hosting: a service committed to taking care of your e-mail addresses. Some suppliers offer website hosting solutions for websites, but do not offer an e-mail solution. If you would like to have an email address with your domain name but do not wish to run a website, then the e-mail hosting service is what you need. You can create e-mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to some video, or you can embed the video clip in your web site that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of utilizing this approach in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video brings about a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with a couple of videos and a few hundred web site visitors, you may have a problem with your webspace hosting resources. Embedding the video will allow you to own as many video files as you want to without hassling about system supplies.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you require if you desire to keep a website. To some extent, it comprises all of the aforementioned hosting varieties since, along with your sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can have databases and mail aliases, upload video clips, etc. At WebHost-ing.com, for instance, you can examine web hosting and dedicated web hosting plans that permit you to have all of the aforesaid solutions in a single location. There may be restrictions depending on the type of hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your website hosting account may be better or worse compared with the usual email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are devised for specific web content exclusively.